Are you interested of how to make eyeshadow by your own? In this article, you will learn how to make homemade eyeshadow using ingredients that are easily to be found!
Eye shadow is a cosmetic that’s used on the eyelids and under the eyebrows. It is ordinarily used to generate the wearer’s eyes stand out and look more appealing.
Eye shadow may add dimension and depth to one’s eyes, coincide with the eye color, create one’s eyes look larger, or draw attention to eyes. Eye shadow comes in several distinct colors and textures. It is generally made from a powder and mica, but can also be present in liquid, pen, cream or mousse form.
Eye shadow can be applied in a wide variety of manners depending upon the desired look and formula. Typically program is completed using brushes or palms. The most important component of using eye shadow , and makeup in general, is mixing nicely. However, you must not forget to add a primer to restrict the chances of creases in your eye shadow afterwards.
How to make eyeshadow at home using natural ingredients
1. First ingredient: charcoal
Here are the steps for you to make eyeshadow using charcoal.
- The first thing you need to prepare is capsules of activated charcoal. Even though those charcoal capsules are often used for those who have gastric problems, they can be very useful for creative purpose like eyeshadow. Now, you need to get them prepared right away.
- The second step, you need to open the capsules in a place like a container and then take out the powder to be used as the ingredient of the eyeshadow.
- The third step, add several drops of water to the powder for a good finishing. Mix between the water and the powder well by using a thin brush.
- Last but not least, you can add spirulina to the mixing to get green undertones. And to have a grey shade, you can add powder of arrowroot.
2. Second ingredient: mica
If charcoal is something that is difficult to find, why don’t you try using mica? Here are the steps for you of how to make eyeshadow using mica.
- The first thing you need to do is to buy mica pigments. It is very important element in mineral powders. You can get it from a beauty store or online.
- Since mica is available in many different shades, you can combine more than two colors to create a fun and funky look!
- After that, put mica powder together and grind them until it becomes a fine powder. Now, your eyeshadow is ready to be applied!
- You can add powder binder to be pressed using a coin or a spoon if you want to make a pressed eyeshadow.
- Mica is such a perfect ingredient if you want to have shimmering eyeshadow!
3. Third ingredient: baby powder
Do you want to use another ingredient beside charcoal and mica? Then you should try how to make eyeshadow using baby powder. Here are the steps:
- First thing first, you should know that baby powder is the perfect eyeshadow base because it is soft and mild.
- Once you get the baby powder, fill a small box or container with it and add Kool Aid or food coloring and mix them together.
- Take rubbing alcohol and add few drops. You can use a sanitizer if you don’t have rubbing alcohol.
- Mix all the components together and then use a spoon or coin to press it.
4. Fourth ingredient: other natural ingredients
Do you want to create another color for your eyeshadow? Of course, you can! Use arrowroot powder as the base and other natural ingredients to get the color you want. Below are the natural ingredients that can create different colors.
- Mauve à beetroot powder and pale pink cocoa, green dried beetroot powder, and brown spirulina
- Glittery shades à mica pigments
- Creamy texture à shea butter
So, have you decided which ingredient you want to try first? Now, it’s no longer difficult of how to make eyeshadow at your home.