How to apply eyeliner for beginners even if you are not a pro? All you need to do is find the right one for you and learn the tips and step by step from us.
You may be new to make up and be wondering how to apply eyeliner. Too much eyeliner and you look too dramatic, especially in a day setting. Too small and the point is missed about using the item.
Correctly implemented it’s going to enhance the natural contour of your eye and will add attention to your eyes. After having a few times, you may achieve the skill and steady hand that’s required to apply this makeup evenly.
You have a choice of 2 kinds which you can utilize. You can use either a sterile eyeliner pencil or liquid eyeliner that is applied with a brush. There are upside and a downside to each product that you’ll have to take into account when making your choice.
Liquid eyeliner retains a sharp line and does not have to be sharpened. It can be messy to apply especially if your hand is not steady. It can also clump together on the brush. Eyeliner pens will need to be sharpened along with a soft pencil can break or lose its cap easily. When the lid is off the pencil, it can make a mess in your makeup bag.
Tips on How to Apply Eyeliner For Beginners
Makeup never allows the users to run out of ideas. Since there are various styles to try, you should never stop to learn about this thing. But some people find it difficult to apply eyeliner. Eyeliners are able to emphasize your look so you need to be careful while applying this thing. And in this article, we are going to give you tips to apply eyeliner.
Before explaining how to apply eyeliner, I will first talk about the many types of eyeliners. Then I shall describe how to perform a cat eye, a smokey eye along with a basic eye for daylight.
1. The Different Kinds of Liner
There are three types of eyeliner: an eyeliner pen, a liquid liner or a shadow liner.
• Pencil eyeliner: Pencil eyeliner is the simplest to use, but they tend to melt and usually won’t remain on all day so you will have to place the line together with eyeshadow in addition to the full line.
• Liquid or gel liner: This is how you get that stunning appearance. Liquid or gel eyeliner makes your eyes pop up, but if you are a beginner, you will have to practice a bit to employ it the right way. Why? Well, should you make a mistake you might need to eliminate it?
Check Also : How to Apply Makeup Step by Step for Every Beginner
• Shadow eyeliner: The third type is to use your eyeshadow using a brush or the eyeshadow applicator. The advantage is that you can be more creative with this form of eyeliner but you probably ought to apply several coats to get the color you want.
2. Find the right one
There are various brands and styles of eyeliner on the market. You should know the options and the right one for you. Here are some points you should look onto.
· Pencil eyeliner is designed for the first time user. Besides softer, it is easy to remove.
· Felt tip eyeliner is similar to the liquid type but the ink is stored right inside the applicator.
· Liquid eyeliner is suitable for you who used to it and it offers much better precision with its fine tip.
· Gel eyeliner comes with a brush and bottle of ink. It is easy to use if you are used to it.
3. Shaky hand issues
How to apply eyeliner with the nice result needs a steady hand. You may need to sit in the area with good lighting. Make sure your elbow is resting on the flat surface. When you start to touch your eye with eyeliner, put your pinky on the cheek so the shake will not be a problem for you. And do not forget to breathe steadily.
4. Guiding dots
Guiding dots are very useful for the first time users. The dots than can be connected to a nice line. Just make sure that the dot is as thin as possible and make sure it sits closely to the eyelash.
5. Don’t stretch your skin
Some people stretch their skin because they think it might be easier. In fact, it could create a mess once you let go of your skin. It can be pretty disastrous though. But if you cannot help it and the mess is already on your face then you can use corrector or simply clean it with a swab.
Check Also : How to Apply Mascara Perfectly Like a Pro
6. Making a line with tape
Making line with tape will be very helpful to create a nice line on your eyes. This step is also useful if you are a person who finds it hard to stay steady with your hand. So, below we have the steps you can follow.
· Put the adhesive tape in between the eyebrow and eyelashes.
· Draw the line like you always normally do.
· Wait until it dries out completely.
· Remove the tape carefully.
You can even use the lining card. Sometimes you can make it yourself from an unused card. Since eyeliner will change how you look, it is better to be a nice one, right?
How to Apply Eyeliner Step by Step For Beginners
– Start in the inner corner of your eye. Always be sure to use a light hand when applying your eyeliner, as the area around your eyes is quite delicate and sensitive.
– Put on your eyeliner only after you have already applied an eyeshadow. Doing this before an eyeshadow program would just cover the eyeliner.
– To attain a stunning and intense appearance a kohl pencil with shade can be implemented above as well as below the lashes, then followed with black or very dark grey liquid eyeliner at the top.
This will provide the impression of dark eyelashes and will stay on for the entire day. A dark-colored eye-liner will highlight the eyes form and outline as well as offer them a grave look.
– While keeping your mind back facing the mirror, look down so your eyelids will wind up tight which makes it simpler in applying and controlling the liner. If essential, smudge.
– The eyes will look bigger if you make a line with a pencil under your lower lashes – instead attempt a dark eyeshadow applied with the help of a very small makeup remover, to provide an illusion of darker and fuller eyelashes.
Below by you want to use plus a thin line with a lighter color of eyeshadow, preferably white, beige or yellow to brighten up your eye area.
– Pencil liners may be applied on both above the top lashes as well as under the lower lashes. Liquid eyeliners nevertheless, must only be used to the top lid. Cake eyeliners are applied with water and maybe put to both the surface and so to the bottom of the lid.
– If you’ve got beautiful green eyes, try putting on a smoky purple pen that will enhance your eyes, since basing from the color wheel, violet and green are opposite so that they will compliment each other.
– Refer to nature when you are in the process of deciding on a color. Green, beige and burnt orange are autumn colors.
– Others prefer using an eyeliner not only for the eyes, however, the lips as well. In the event you decide on this, an eye lining pencil will probably be most suitable for the program. Be sure though, that you choose a particular color of somewhat red-brown or orangey-brown or a brown plum, to compliment and flatter your lipstick.
After you read the article on how to apply eyeliner for beginners. Hopefully, you find it helpful and you can try it at home